Monday, April 19, 2010

A Cheater's Tale

They say everybody cheats and I always say not me, I'm a good girl. That was until I met him. He wore a dark suit as if he were wrapped in midnight. He was tall with wide shoulders and lips that screamed kiss me baby. I was in a daze. Hypnotized by his eyes and that walk. The way he swayed like he was just carrying that thang. The bar was filled with plenty of guys, not bad looking ones either, but it was something about him. As he walked towards me I swear the entire room seemed to disappear and it was just he and I. He made me think "bad" thoughts. He unbuttoned his jacket as he approached me. My knees were weak. My girls were talking to me, but I could not hear them. All he had to say was, "hey how you doin?" and I was stuck on his ass.

Our conversation seemed to linger on all night and even though I was listening to his words all I could think about is what was under those slacks and if he could put it down better than my man. He made me laugh, blush, feel nervous all over. By the end of the night I felt a deep vibe with this brotha. As if we'd connected on a whole other level within a matter of hours. He invited me back to his place. Now I'm not the one to meet a dude and immediately give it up. One night stands are not my style, but he was tempting as hell. If he was running game right now, then his game was hella tight because every time he licked his lips it seemed that the temperature between my thighs went up a notch. "I should tell you," I said, "I have a boyfriend, "I'm in a serious relationship." He looked at me and nodded as if he understood my predicament. "If it wasn't for that," I continued, "I'd definitely chill with you." He smiled and nodded again in a bit of disappointment. He pulled out a his wallet and then a business card. He wrote something on the back of it and took my hand in his. He gently opened my hand and slid it in my palm. "If you change your mind," he said, "call me." And just like that he got up and left.

My girls had moved on to other areas in the bar, but had been watching me from a distance I knew. "That was a fine ass man," one of them said. The others agreed. "Too bad you're taken girl," another chimed in, "Wasting all that time talking when you could have passed him on to me." We all laughed but in the back of my mind I'm thinking there was no way I'd let him get to any of them hefas. And even deeper in my mind was me contemplating about calling him...tonight. We all got in our cars and I watched my girls leave, but I remained in the parking lot. I stared at the card like it was a figure of my imagination and I was trying to convince myself that it's real. The chemistry had been wild. I'd never felt that with anyone before. Not even my boyfriend could drive me crazy like this. I'm a good girl, don't get me wrong. I love my man and I'd never want to jepardize our relationship. I felt like R Kelly, mind's saying no, but body's definitely saying yes.

Finally I pulled out my phone and sent a text to my man. "Kinda tipsy babe. Staying with a girlfriend tonight. Love you." I felt so wrong as I pressed the send button but at the same time my heart was galloping with thought of having that sexy ass man between my legs tonight. I flipped the card over and slowly dialed his number. I almost nutted just hearing his voice over the phone. I tried to make small talk just to warm up to suggesting that I still be able to come over, but he cut that short. "Come over," he said interrupting my speech about how bad the margarita was at the bar. "Ok," I said with no hesitation. I took down his directions and made my way to his place. I was both nervous and excited. The feeling of guilt hadn't even taken over me like I thought it would. I wondered if this is how men felt whenever they cheated; didn't really think about their loving girls at all.

As I approached his complex I took a deep breath. "You're only a freak with your man," I said aloud to myself. But I was thinking, that rule might as well get broken too. When I entered his apartment he made me feel comfortable. Sat me on the couch and gave me a glass of wine. "You seem nervous," he said. I kind of shrugged my shoulders as if to say that the suggestion of that was incorrect. But I was nervous. It felt like my entire body had chills, but I looked at my skin and none were visible. It wasn't long until he seduced me out my draws. And I will admit, he put it down. My man had never made me feel that way. Maybe it was the anxiety or extreme lust, but whatever it was, it had me busting like gun. I stayed the night, wrapped in his chocolate arms. The thought of my man still hadn't crossed my mind. The next morning it was hard to leave after we made love again. Nothing like great morning sex.

I tried to fix my hair and wash off his smell. Now all I could think about was my boyfriend. I hoped he couldn't just look at me and tell I'd been with another man. I was so paranoid. I didn't want to mess up when answering his questions about my night. I didn't want fuck up the fake details about staying at my girl's house. I would hate to ruin this perfect thing because of one night with a guy who was fine enough to have girls all over the city. Now the sadness and guilt kicked in. As I drove home, all I could do is think about how stupid I was. I had a good man and look what I had done. But right along side with those thoughts were the ones about how happy I was that I got to tap that. I walked through my front door. My man was in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hey baby," I said with a smile. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck before kissing him. "Missed you last night," I said.

1 comment:

Don said...

One of the realest blog post I have ever read.

Kinda left me speechless.