Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Letting Go--Wrote this a while back at the end of a relationship

It’s more than the obvious, it’s the little things

He said he wanted to be fly so I said baby grow some wings

He liked to be high, And I looked up as he flew

And he reached out his hand and said you’re coming too

I smiled real big as we floated in the sky

It was just we, me and him, him and I

It was nice to be up there heads in the clouds

I loved it so much, I never wanted to come down

And then one day he started looking around

He said I’m not afraid of heights but I can’t see the ground

I said its okay we don’t need see whats below

He responded, but what if we fall of though?

What if we can’t stay balanced and gravity takes hold

And we both begin to fall, because we both let go

I said it’s cool baby, that’s what parachutes are for

Stop looking down, if you look up, you’ll see more

But he couldn’t look up he could only see what was lower

And he began to sweat and panic saying it was over

He says, we’re gonna fall, I can see it now, and then what?

If we hit the earth, it’s gonna hurt bad and mess us up

No, I said, we are not going to fall

We are safe up here, no worries at all

But all he could see was how high we were

And all he think about was hitting the earth

Panicking saying he couldn’t see beyond the clouds

I told him then maybe you should stop looking down

I can’t do this, he said as he let my hand go

And left me alone in the stars, and alone I float

By the time I reached the ground, he was no where to be found

Cried out his name, but he was not around

And then it started to rain, which I hadn’t experienced in a while

It rained all day and all night, all frowns and no smiles

That’s when I realized that there was no hope

He said he had to fly, so I guess I have to let him go…

No comments: