Friday, July 11, 2008

Denial by Kelsey Jones

My family is telling me, my friends are telling me, oh hell even my own heart is telling me, but I know it can’t be true. I see the light shining so bright on my face that it hurts my eyes. I know where its coming from…I just don’t want to admit it so I just put on a pair of new dark shades. I hear it too. Its so damn loud, but some how I have managed to tune it out so that its minimized to a slight whisper, like gossip in a small church. I smell it too, and boy does it stink…It reeks on the clothes, but I bought some new detergent and air freshener to take of that. It taste different too now but I figured it’s probably just me so I just add a little extra salt to out do the sourness. I have taken care of my senses, well all except one. I can’t help but feel it. It hurts deep down in my soul, in my mind and heart. Its pain is relentless.
It brings me down and makes me sad. I’m still trying to find a solution but nothing works. I try not to think about it and keep praying, but that sometimes just makes the situation feel much worse. So I just stick it out. All I have is word of mouth, no real proof you know. I mean am I suppose to leave the man I love for rumors? I think not. We took vows, we have entered each others mind and soul so deeply that nothing could ever separate us. We are eternally connected. No one could break him away from the love he has for me. Hmm what’s this, a number in his left pocket, must be a co-worker or business or something, let me find some darker shades, my eyes hurt.

No comments: